Increase your breakfast’s nutritional value by combining your favourite fruit with chia seeds to make your own mouth melting flavour blasting jam
Yields: 400 ml
Total time: 30 min
- 1 pound fresh fruit of choice (strawberries or blueberries work great)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Miski Organics chia seeds
Step by Step:
- Wash fruit well
- Over medium heat set a medium saucepan and add fruit and sweetener of choice. Stir occasionally until it begins to liquefy, 5-15 minutes depending on the fruit
- Allow fruit to come to a boil, then simmer until it reaches a saucy consistency. Carefully mash fruit with a fork or masher.
- Taste and add more sweetener if preferred.
- Stir in chia seeds and let cook for another minute. Stir again, remove from heat, and let sit until thick, about 10 minutes.
- To store, place in airtight jam jar or other container, keep it in refrigerator for up to two weeks. Can also be frozen for up to two months.