Quick and easy recipe that incorporates veggies, cereal and protein all in one! Makes a healthy choice for the family. Serve it accompanied by your favourite side dish or in a bun as an alternative to traditional hamburgers.
Yields: 10 servings
Prep time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 2 (5 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup minced onion
- ½ cup minced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ to 1 minced garlic clove (depending on size)
- 1 ¼ cups of Miski Organic’s Quinoa Flakes
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 lime cut in wedges (optional)
Step by Step:
- Flake tuna with a fork and combine with eggs, onion, red bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice and minced garlic. Fold in quinoa flakes until well-mixed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and form patties. Heat grapeseed oil in a skillet over medium heat; fry patties until golden, approximately 5 minutes per side.
- Serve accompanied by your favourite side dish. If desired serve with lime wedges and squeeze a little lime over patties to add a special pop of flavour.