Try this superfood sauce with you turkey!
- 1 cup of Miski Organics golden berries
- Juice from 1 medium sized orange
- Orange zest
- ¼ cup of Maple syrup
- A pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp of cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp of all spice
- 2 cloves
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp Miski Organics chia seeds
Step by Step:
- You will need to re-hydrate your dried golden berries. To do this, let me soak in boiling water for about 15 minutes. Then flip them over onto a sauce pan with extra water and keep boiling until they look nice and plump. Drain them. (Tip: be careful, if the sauce pan runs out of water, the golden berries will burn).
- In the same sauce pan on medium high heat, mix the golden berries with the orange zest and juice, then add the maple syrup. Stir occasionally for a few minutes.
- Add half of the water, salt, cinnamon, all spice and cloves. Let me water consume a bit.
- Lower the heat to medium low, add the rest of the water and the chia seeds. Stir occasionally.
- When the mixture looks like jam, it’s done.
- Let cool and serve on your turkey, or on its own!