This mouth-watering cake is a healthy and delicious favourite for any occasion. Our recipe is vegan, gluten free and super tasty!
- ½ cup Miski Organics white quinoa grains
- 3 tbsp Miski Organics chia seeds
- 2 cups vegetable milk (any kind)
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raw cane sugar
- 1 ½ cup Miski Organics quinoa flour
- 1 1/4 cup cacao powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Step by Step:
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Rinse quinoa grains well and place in a small saucepan with 1 ½ cups water. Cook over medium heat to bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer for about 10 minutes, or until tender and the liquid is absorbed. Set aside and let cool.
- In a bowl combine 3 tbsp of chia seeds with 12 tbsp cold water and whisk well. Set aside and let stand for about 5 to 6 mins.
- Add the vegetable milk and vanilla extract to the chia mix and whisk. Incorporate the cooked quinoa, grapeseed oil and cane sugar and mix well. Then add all the dry ingredients one by one and stir until well blended. Add walnut pieces if desired.
- Grease a 9-inch round cake pan with a little bit of grapeseed oil, pour the batter into the pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- If desired, cover cake with our vegan chocolate icing, top with fresh berries and sprinkle icing sugar.