A great combination of healthy ingredients and great taste, these vegan quinoa golden berry cookies make a perfect “guilt-free” treat. Loaded with healthy ingredients but delicious at the same time. Vegan and Gluten Free – Enjoy!
- 1 cup raw cane sugar
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 2 tbsp Miski Organics dark chia seeds
- 8 tbsp cold water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Miski Organics white quinoa flour
- 3 cups Miski Organics quinoa flakes
- ¼ tsp xantam gum
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup Miski Organics maca powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup Miski Organics dried golden berries
- 1/3 cup vegetable milk
- Chop golden berries slightly in food processor and set aside.
- Mix the dark chia seeds with 8 tbsp of cold water, stir and let sit in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- On a separate bowl sift and mix all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine sugar and vegan butter in the mixer and mix well until soft.
- Incorporate the chia seed mix and blend well. Add vanilla extract, then slowly incorporate all the previously mixed dry ingredients.
- Add the quinoa flakes, golden berries and milk and continue to mix until well blended.
- Form small balls with dough and lay onto greased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart, flatten slightly with a fork and bake at 350o F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden.