This healthy and colourful salad is a high source of protein and fiber and is packed with nourishing goodness. Quick and easy to prepare – a great choice for those avoiding wheat!
- 2 cups Miski Organics tricolour quinoa grains
- 1 ½ cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1 ½ cups frozen kernel corn
- ½ cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup orange bell pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ½ cup feta cheese, finely diced (optional)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp crushed garlic
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan combine quinoa with 2 cups of water.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; set aside until cool.
- Steam cook edamame and corn according to instructions in bag.
- In a large bowl combine the edamame, corn, red and orange bell pepper and feta cheese.
- Add quinoa; toss to combine.
- Add lime juice, garlic, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar; toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.