Peruvian Superfood Protein Bars ( Fast, Sweet, and Mighty!)
By: Alexandra England, Holistic Educator peruflow.ca
Lovely for a snack, these Peruvian Superfood Protein Bars are pure bliss! Great for road trips and so easy to make wherever you are. They are lush and hit those sweet cravings in the afternoon.
This recipe is vegan and gluten free, and makes a fantastic source of anti-oxidants, protein, fibre, and vitamins.
- 1/4 cup of Miski Organics Yacon Syrup
- 1.5 cups of Miski Organics Quinoa Flakes
- 1/4 cup of Miski Organics Cacao Powder
- 1 cup of Miski Organics Dried Golden Berries
- 1 cup of fresh dates
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1/4 cup of organic peanut butter
- Toast Quinoa Flakes and almonds in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes until brown
- Process dates until small bits remain. Make sure the dates become dough like and stick together
- Place almonds, Quinoa Flakes, and dates in a bowl
- Warm Yacon Syrup and peanut butter together in a pot at low temperature
- Pour Yacon Syrup and peanut butter into the almonds, Quinoa flakes, and dates
- Once mixed, transfer to an 8×8 inch baking dish or small pan lines with plastic wrap or parchment paper
- Press down until dough is flattened evenly ( This might take time, put some weight on top of dough to make it flat)
- Cover with parchment or plastic wrap and let them become more solid in the freezer or fridge for 20 minutes
- Remove dough from pan and chop into even bars ( around 7)
- Store in the fridge and enjoy!
Don’t forget to serve with Yacon Syrup on top and surrounded by strawberries, bananas, peaches, and seasonal fruits to add colour and flow to your experience.