A yummy breakfast to start the day , or perfect comfort food to enjoy at night. Whichever you prefer, keep healthy and nourish your body with the benefits of a superfood like quinoa.
Yields: 8 pancakes
Prep time: 5 min
Total time: 15 min
- 3/4 cup Miski Organics quinoa flour
- 3/4 cups Miski Organics ripe banana powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups milk (any kind)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey, maple syrup or agave syrup
Step by Step:
- In bowl combine quinoa flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon and salt
- Add milk, whisked eggs, melted butter, honey or sweetener of your choice and vanilla extract
- Mix well until blended
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add 1 teaspoon of canola oil or coconut oil
- Pour 1/4 cup batter over hot pan forming a circle and cook for one minute
- Once bubbles appear flip over and cook for a another minute
- Top with your favourite fresh fruit or your favourite syrup.
*To make the chia eggs, mix 3 tablespoons of chia with 6 tablespoons of water and let sit for 5 minutes.