By: Alexandra England, Holistic Educator peruflow.ca
FOR THE APPLE COMPOTE:
I thought I would share this delicious creation with you! Eating this dessert really made me feel like a Jungle Goddess! Creating recipes with Peruvian Superfoods is one if my passions. The good thing is, you feel good right away.
BUT FIRST, WHAT ARE SOME BENEFITS OF GREEN BANANA FLOUR?
– Banana flour has a high source of essential minerals such as iron and potassium
– The powerful antioxidants found in bananas can have many positive effects on human health and well-being
– Banana flour has a great source of resistant starch and prebiotics, and it is a healthy option for gluten-free and wheat-free foods
– 3/4 cup almond flour
– 3/4 cup of @miskiorganics Green Banana flour
– 1 cup of Maple syrup or brown sugar
– 4 teaspoons of baking powder
– 1 3/4 cup of coconut milk
– 2/3 cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened @miskiorganics Organic Cacao Powder
– 2/3 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 teaspoons of organic vanilla extract
Mix all ingredients together with fork or mixer until you get a batter. You can use an 8-12 inch circular cake pan. Grease cake pan with coconut oil or vegetable oil. Bake for 40 minutes at 350° F. When ready you should be able to put a toothpick in and out without residue.
-Let cake sit for 20 minutes