- An important source of quality protein, boasting all essential amino acids and 12 grams of protein per serving (91 g)
- Excellent source of fiber, which helps improve blood glucose control
- Rich in iron, which is the most critical nutrient affecting red blood cell production
- Contains minerals that are essential to human health and nutrition, such as calcium and potassium
- Source of lysine, an essential amino acid known to improve mental concentration and benefit the functioning of the brain
- Source of flavonoids and various beneficial antioxidants linked to protecting body cells against the effects of free radicals that play an important role in heart disease, cancer and other diseases.